Monday, July 28, 2014

God's Great People

Well, it's been a while. a lot has happened between April and now... I am not really sure where to begin.
    I guess to just pick up where I left off... Matthew and I are still planning on going to Uganda next fall, sort of like our 'Honeymoon', it's not really your everyday honeymoon to go somewhere on a mission trip, but we both feel as if it is what we are called to do.  This may come as a surprise to some but Matthew and I are planning to adopt a little boy from Uganda. It will most certainly be in the very far far future, but we have a name for our little boy: Issac Jacob. There is a story behind the name... Back in April when we had the Uganda Childrens Choir sing at our church there was a little boy there named Issac. When he was just a baby he had a pot of beans spilled onto his head and it severely burned him, he almost died. But he asked me a very wise question for such a young child, He looked at me and asked "Kel, do you like your father being a preacher?" I honestly didn't know how to reply, so I simply said "sometimes yes, and sometimes no." Well, did he not do anything but surprise me, he replied with "I love that my Father is a preacher. Not my earthly father, well because I don't know him, but my Heavenly Father."  To think that this young child who would have every reason that there is to not know God the way we do, loves Him more than many of us "Christians" could ever comprehend.  That is where Issac came from, a little boy who has no idea how much he is loved even by me.      Jacob came from my brother. He has been my best friend my whole life. He has been there for me, supported me, loved me, fought with me, but he has always been my friend. I love him more than words, I would want nothing less but to give my child the name of my wonderful brother, and Honor him. If you would like I know Matthew and I would love if you would just pray for us and Issac Jacob.

     Now, to get to the title of this blog... God's Great People.    In the bible, God uses a lot of different people to help, teach, reach, love, and serve. Well,  He has blessed me more than I deserve, because He has given me a lot of His great people! As Matthew and I have started planning our wedding, and getting ready for the big day...which is only a year a way come August 1st, I have found that there are so many of God's people that want to help me, support me, love me, and teach me.
       I really need to start off by saying a huge THANK YOU to Matthew, because not only do we have a wedding going on, we have a life that we are living, and it has not been easy, it has been very emotionally and mentally draining, it has tested the both of us very much, but I know that I could not have made it this far without him and the support and encouragement he has been giving me the past few months. He has stayed up with me night after night from reason like how I didn't know what shoes my bridesmaids are going to wear, to having just a simple bad day, to just having good laughs, and sometimes good cries... He has been there to give me strength in the hard times, and I hope that I am his strength when he needs me, So, I love you my sweet Matthew.


     God gave me a mother and a father who love me unconditionally, through everything that has happened and will happen. They have been there to encourage me through the storms, they have been there to give advice when I need it most. and most importantly they tell me they love me about 50 times a day, and I couldn't do anything without them. They are my teachers in rough situations, my help when I don't know what to do. God, truly gave me two of His most greatest people when He let me be the daughter of such an amazing couple. They are my backbone, and I couldn't have made it this far in life without them... Literally.  I love my parents more than words could ever express.
     Well next I will have to say, God gave me some of the best friends I could ever ask for, I truly believe that they are angels. They have all shared with me a different part of my life, and they all hold such special places in my heart. I will start by introducing you to my best friend of about 8 years now, Lindsey Caroline Sewell. She will be my MOH in our wedding next year. She is such a wonderful friend but not only friend but a wonderful person. She is so full of life, adventure, love, and laughter. I would've had no friends in middle school if it hadn't of been for her helping me through being the "new" kid. She was there through my very most awkward stages of life... I don't think they are over yet... but we may not see each other near enough but, when we do, it is like we haven't missed a thing. She is so supportive with everything I have planned, and is such a loving person. She is my secret keeper. My best friend bracelet wearing best friend. I am so happy that is is my MOH. I wouldn't want anyone else to be. I have much much love in my heart for my Linz.      

    Now, for 2 of my bridesmaids... Caitlin and Lane. They are both such beautiful girls. They are very different but I love them so much. Lane has been my friend for going on about 3 years now. She is honestly the sweetest person I have ever met. She has been such a wonderful friend for me. I believe God gave me her to keep my head on straight. We always have the best time together. I know that if I ever needed anything she would be there...Well, unless it was the middle of the night... She'd be asleep. but that morning she would be there! haha... I love love love you Laney!      Caitlin.. She is my advice giver, my own personal magic 8 ball. She is always there to listen to anything that I may have going on. She is there to hug my when it has just been a bad day, she is my lets eat until we are sick and watch movies all day girl. We have been friends for just a little over a year now, but it feels like a life time. She encourages me, and teaches me so much. I couldn't have asked God for a better friend. God put her in my life at the exact right time. She is my C! and I love HER!
    One of God's greatest people is the Wonderful Stephanie Dickinson. She has been like a second mother to me for about 8 or 9 years now.  When I describe Steph, I would say she is one of the hardest working ladies I know. She is the best advice giver I have ever met.  Not only is she my other mother, she is much more than that... She is my friend. We always have the best time together whether we are watering her plants, or just sitting around talking. I like to call her my wedding planner... but she's not, I just wish I had the creative part of her brain! God blessed me much more than I deserved when He sent my family to Waco because little did I know then, I would have one of the most cherished relationships I could ever dream of. I love you Steph, I am so thankful for what you do for me! how you encourage, teach, love, care, and support me.
     Last but most certainly not least, the lovely Miss. Emily Steele(almost).    God has given me such a deep love for this pretty lady. She is my sister. We have such an understanding for each other now. God gave us a huge mile stone but with His help we over came it. I wouldn't change a thing about our testimony. I feel as if it is a challenge for someone. I know that with everything that has happened I love Emily more than she will ever know. She is such a strong woman of God, and loves people, and loves to serve God by serving people.  My heart for her is so big.  We are now able to just have heart to heart conversations that last for about two days, and just love each other more because of our understanding of each other.  We are in each others shoes some days and just know exactly what different things make us feel like.  I love you Em!



  These people are my heart. They are my encouragement, support, laughter, love, my best friends. I know that God has given me these people now to help me through all the storms and trials of this life. They will never know how grateful I am for each of them. God has taught me so much through these people and how to love with these people. I am forever grateful for them. These people are God's Great People.       I am sorry if this post does not flow directly how it should but I really tried. I have been working on it since about last Wednesday and I am just now writing the last sentence... I've had less than 10 minutes per day working on it, so again I apologize if it doesn't flow like it should.
       

      Well, for now keep on Loving
                        -Kelli  Steele.(almost)


No comments:

Post a Comment